
I keep a simple excel spreadsheet of ingredients in my favorite recipes. I have the recipes name across the top of the columns, and the ingredients listed in the rows sorted by type (produce, chicken, hamburger,pasta) and then added a few rows to the bottom with non recipe items I buy frequently. This way I can quickly see not only how much of an item I need for that recipe, but how much I need to make all the meals for the next week or two. I leave a blank column to the left to total how much chicken or hamburger I'll need for the next two weeks to make recipe X, Y, and Z. It also helps me get through the store faster because all my "like" items are grouped together so I don't end up walking from one end of the store and back because I forgot something. I attached a picture of the spreadsheet. It might be hard to see. If you want, leave me a comment with your email and I'll send it to you.
Would love this, please send it my way. laurygirl@sbcglobal.net thanks!!!
ReplyDelete